Create Donor-Centric Marketing
We all respond to real-life stories and positive role models. You may be already promoting awareness or education about planned gift opportunities in your donor communications. But building a gift planning culture requires you to know your audience. It begins with taking a fresh look at your donors.
- Are there “middle class millionaires” among them?
- Should you target childless donors?
- Those with a giving history of three or more years?
- Would you be more effective if you emphasize planning over tactics?
- Have you identified trusted professionals who can help provide financial and estate planning?
- How can you integrate planned giving into annual fund or capital campaign appeals?
- Are you planning to launch or revive a Legacy Society?
At the heart of all of these questions are your donors. Creating a comprehensive marketing plan that centers around their personal giving goals will help ensure that all of your initiatives are complementary and successful. Each element should contribute to the goal of nurturing a culture where gift planning is promoted and your givers are celebrated.